Thursday 29 March 2012

The Beauty Of Childhood

My class had this English Language internal assessment test, and we had to write a poem-- on the spot. My topic was something about childhood. We had this mandatory first line, so its lousy, but I like the rest :)

*

"The days of childhood are the best of all"
But they fly away like the beautiful leaves of fall,
Rustling and crackling beneath our feet,
They melt away like snow and sleet

The Sun shining on our backs,
As we make castles out of sand
The waves lapping at our feet,
As knee-deep in the sea we stand
Running as the tinkle of the ice-cream van sounds,
Tripping, and laughing; and dancing around.

And so the days passed, and the nights came,
And in the stars were the lanterns that were memories

1 comment:

  1. It's simply beautiful! makes me think of my childhood days and realise the importance of childhood no matter what stage one is in. wish I could rewind the clock of life - aka Harry Potter-Hermione Granger style!
    The last two lines are superb- so full of hope and life. Keep Writing :)

    ReplyDelete